As you would know, the NBN network is replacing the existing hard wired telecommunications networks across Australia. This will affect important services such as monitored fire alarms and lift emergency telephone systems.
The NBNTM network does not have guaranteed power supply as the older hard wired network had. As such, the continuity of services for your lift emergency telephone will be compromised. The Lift Code requires a lift phone to be able to operate for a minimum of 2 hours in the event of a power failure.
For your lift to comply with the relevant Regulations, Building Codes and/or Australian Standards, your lift emergency telephone system will need to be upgraded. Eletech will be happy to assist you with this in every way possible.
- The NBNTM network does not have guaranteed power supply in the event of a power outage.
- Your lift phone is required to be able to operate in the event of a power outage for a minimum of two hours to maintain compliance with regulations.
- Building owners and/or managers are responsible for arranging suitable compliant telecommunication pathways for the lift emergency phone services well in advance of disconnection of the existing network.
- Eletech recommends installation of a Wireless Gateway Device to upgrade your lift phone system currently operating on a standard phone line.
- This device has a battery back-up which will operate in the event of power outage.
- It operates on the cellular (mobile) network, with the provider of your choice (eg. Optus, Telstra).
- Option of a single sim or dual sim card device.
- Eletech can assist in the supply, installation and testing of a Wireless Gateway device.
For your reference the Commonwealth Government has issued a ‘Migration of monitored fire alarm and lift phone services good practice guide’ . This is to help facilitate a smooth and successful migration of communication services and to support service continuity for the community.
We trust the above information is satisfactory. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact our office on 1300 353 832. An Eletech representative would be happy to come to your site to provide further information and pricing to you.